Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Technopoly...

is not another "chic" version of the game Monopoly.

It's the name of a book that I read in college by Neil Postman.  It was required reading so that I could lead a book discussion for a group of high school students.  It was an interesting read and it fostered discussion on how technology is taking over the world- sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a bad way.  The subtitle reads, "The Surrender of Culture to Technology."

I have seen growing evidence of this all my life, but it wasn't until this weekend that I found the final piece of evidence.  The piece that shows that everything is going downhill, we have surrendered ourselves to technology in a way that we would never be able to go back if it all failed...

Here is that evidence:



Baba has an iphone...
Need I say more?

No comments: