Sunday, January 02, 2011

Fireworks in the Desert

On December 31, 2010 (such a long time ago) I went to see some fireworks.  Some friends and I found a spot in a vacant sandy field.... wait, would I refer to it as a field?  I don't know if that's the term one would use after vacant and sandy...  Anyway, pressing onward.  We brought our own plastic chairs and sat waiting for the fireworks to bring in the new year.  In the distance we could see Festival City Centre, one of the many malls here, and the Burj Khalifa.  Both had firework displays.


Oh, and I wore a jacket and all my knitwear (including the slippers I made).
That was probably the most exciting part of the night: actually being cold.
It was awesome!


Some of us were more camerafied than others, as you can see.
It's easier to sneak up on fireworks if you have a tripod and you're wearing a lot of green.


The Festival City Centre show.


The Burj Khalifa show.
I wish I could have really captured it because the fireworks were coming off of the building...
I've never seen anything like it.


Our view of both displays at the same time.



The remains of 2010....
Smoke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yey! Look like you guys had a great time :) - Cindy