Friday, October 01, 2010

October is a BIG month

I'm not sure where September went, but as I went to bed last night I realized that today was the beginning of October, a big month.  A very big month.

In the States people are frolicking around with their pumpkin spice lattes and dancing around with the changing leaves... I'm sure of it- I can hear the echo of your dances all the way over here... in the desert.  As the 50 degree temperature is making you ready for sweaters and cider (or wassail if you live in Denton), here the temperature is finding itself in the high 90's during the hottest times of the day.  But really, I'm not as bitter about missing the fall season as you think...  I just like to seem that way.  My bark is always worse than my bite.

But that's not why October is a big month, I just figured I'd help you people in the States understand that you should be grateful for autumn, so go on... be grateful and drink your pumpkin spice lattes.  I'm very happy for you.

The reason why October is such a big month is because one of my best friends in the world is getting married.  Amanda Langford, sweet Amanda.

I'm so grateful that God is sovereign and that He loves us.  He gives us relationships that glorify Him.  And when I think about the last 7 years- I'm grateful for her friendship, humor and wisdom.  I'm grateful that I have such a like-minded friend and that she is always such an encouragement to me.

I knew when I started hearing about her fiance that it was meant to be.  It has been amazing to hear about the couple getting ready for their new life together.  Because I love her so much and wish I could be there in person for their vows, I decided to celebrate with them each day this month.  And this is the start of that.  Here is a video montage of our friendship...  Just kidding, they're just pictures.

The prestigious staff of McConnell Hall
Where we became friends.
Amanda is in the bottom left corner in her cute pigtails.

At the Denton Arts and Jazz Festival with Temple and Amanda
We love us some DJAF (jazz always comes first)

Austin City Limits
This scenario is gonna happen again... just you wait

No comments: