Monday, October 18, 2010

Becoming Anne...

When your parents go on a trip without you... this is what happens:


My parents went on a Canadian cruise and one of the destinations was Prince Edward Island.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?  It is the setting of my favorite books growing up: Anne of Green Gables and all that followed.  My mother was trying to be Anne...





I'll admit, I was quite jealous because going to Prince Edward Island is my dream, but I'm very happy that my parents enjoyed their cruise and that they were able to go.

4 comments:

Temple Latimer Taylor said...

AHH!! I LOVE those pictures of your sweet parents. That hat with braids is sooo funny. By the way... you have been the one and only friend in my life that shares the same deep love for Anne of Green Gables. I've shamefully hidden my true Anne-obsession for most of my adolescent and adult life.

theolsons said...

Wow--I had no idea uncle Rodger and aunt Shirley were going on my ultimate dream vacation. Some unknown kindred spirits.

Anonymous said...

Anne!! We definitely skyped about this, haha. I think this year, I'm going to have an Anne of Green Gables themed birthday party.

Oh, and I miss you and pry for you every day!

Kater said...

Kindred Spirits! I'm so glad that so many wonderful people cherish Anne of Green Gables... just wait til you see what they got me from PEI!