Friday, November 05, 2010

What I Missed on the 31st

Living in the Middle East means that you don't celebrate some holidays the way you would in the States.  The first of those for me was Halloween.  It was just like any other day.  There weren't any decorations anywhere and no real prominence of orange and black around.  The only place I really saw any Halloween treats was The Lime Tree Cafe (because they know how to do it right!).


Yummy!

But I was able to experience some semblance of Halloween over skype.  It's a tradition in our family to carve a pumpkin.  My mom always draws the face and my dad cuts it out.  When I finally saw the pumpkin over skype I realized something... it looks the same every single year. ;)  Sometimes the eye shape changes a little, but he always has eyebrows.  The nose might vary and one year he might have teeth, but he always has the same smirk.  And that's the way it should be.


Good going Rodger and Shirley!

No comments: