Monday, August 23, 2010

The Case of the Great Toad Detective

My mum and I arrived in Hazel Park today to spend some time with my niece, Kimberly, and her family.  The most wonderful thing happened: we arrived just as a very important detective job was unfolding.  I am so lucky!

Yesterday while at a party my nephews, Zedd and Ephraim, caught a toad and made a home to keep him in forever.  I have to say, it was very nice.

But apparently during the night, the toad "Frognella" escaped... maybe through this hole that was on the top of his home.


(Really, Kimberly let him go while the boys were out... shhhh)

So suddenly Zedd and I found the need to become very intense detectives.  Our intense detective faces are pictured here...


So, Zedd and I had a conference and came up with a plan to either a. catch Frognella or b. give up on him forever and find ourselves another toad.  After briefly looking for him throughout the house, we decided on b.  So we constructed what I like to call a Toad Resort.  This all-inclusive get-away would lure any toad within half a block straight to Zedd's house on Caledonia.

All-inclusive means that it even comes with a wide variety of food choices.


To conclude, we have not found any toads wandering into the Resort yet, but at least one of us knows what really happened...


2 comments:

Mama Ball said...

No frogs or toads, but several bugs have taken residence.

Kater said...

I can feel that the toads are coming...