Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Just a cup of tea this morning

We got an amazing package a few weeks ago from Gloria's parents that included some Yogi Tea.
The thing I love about Yogi Tea is that all of the packets include a wise saying on the tab.


This morning my tea said this:



For some reason, this wise saying made me stop in my tracks and hold my breath.
Here's why...

In Isaiah 55:6-8 it says:
6 Seek the Lord while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.
7 Let the wicked forsake his way
and the evil man his thoughts.
Let him turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on him,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.


Should our thoughts be forming the world when we are the ones who have forsaken the ways of God?

I would rather it be His thoughts that are forming the world.

1 comment:

Lindz said...

I completely agree Kate! What a great reminder that it should be Him transforming the world, not us :) Miss you!