Sunday, September 05, 2010

Adventures in Connecticut

If you're like me, you've probably spent time wondering what life in the northeast is like.  Before my parents moved here, I had no idea.  Well, I had my assumptions... from watching Christmas in Connecticut.

And in general, Connecticut is very nice.  Sometimes, or should I say, always... I wish I knew more people here, had more connections and could interact with people my own age.  But I'm grateful to experience what I can.  The best thing about Connecticut will always be the adventures I go on with my parents.

Here is one.

My dad has always been into boats.  He builds them, uses them, talks about them and dreams of sailing all night.  Recently, he has been expanding his tallow making services.  Tallow is a fancy name for animal fat and is used by marine men for many different reasons... I can never remember what those are. Nevertheless, in order to make tallow, he has to get the animal fat from someone.  My mother and I went on a tallow obtaining adventure with him to a beautiful farm 30 minutes from our house.




Drying Barn for Tobacco


And the animal fat is obtained!  Wow...

No comments: