Sunday, December 13, 2009

Traveling


I arrived in Connecticut last night fairly late, around 10 pm. And prior to that my day was full of travelings. Now to my extensive knowledge of all things traveling (not really), I know that the word travel comes from travail.


Merriam Webster defines travail as: Work especially of a painful or laborious nature.

Thankfully my travels yesterday were not so much like this, they were actually quite pleasant. And I read something very amusing in the Cincinnati airport women's restroom. Over the automatic faucets it said:

Automatic Faucets:

Approach sink to turn on

Faucet will shut off automatically

Dark clothing may not activate sensor
Now, I don't know why I thought this was so funny, but I started laughing so hard! Unfortunately, I was the only one in the room so I could not share my musings with anyone. But just think about it: What would I have done if I were wearing dark clothing? How could I have EVER washed my hands in that restroom. I would probably die there, unable to move until I washed my hands, afraid of going out into the world and catching the H1N1 or another horrible disease. My life would have ended so differently... and that would have been me "travailing."
That's why you should always wear a lot of color when traveling.


No comments: