Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snow day


The end of this week was pretty amazing. A group of students came in on Wednesday to learn and play and it was so fun to get to know them. The coolest thing about the week was the snow that hit on us on Thursday, it started in the early morning and came down for 24 hours. By Friday morning we had around 4 inches of snow covering our landscape and the power was cut off. So Friday was spent functioning without the power, teaching Expeditions and getting ready for the kids to leave.

It was so beautiful coming into work on Friday morning. We had to leave 20 minutes early to brave the roads and Christie drove while I looked out the window. I felt pretty grateful that I got the passenger seat! And man, it was the prettiest scenery I've ever seen. The trees, while plentiful, were not used to the weight of the snow and were bowing their limbs so much that they almost touched the earth. And the color of the sky framed everything so nicely, it was a mixture of blue and pink- so beautiful! Man! His creation and might are so amazing to me! I'm so grateful to have been given such a wonderful week with those kids!

No comments: